Ruth Milburn & Associates is Speech & Language Therapy service run by Ruth Milburn, BA Hons, MSc, MRCSLT, MASLTIP
I am Ruth Milburn, a Specialist Speech and Language Therapist with significant experience working within several NHS Trusts both in London and Yorkshire. I work with parents and carers to support pre-school and school aged children with a range of Speech, Language and Communication needs.
I tailor therapy to the individual needs of the child and family to ensure that therapy is functional and fun. This includes working in the child’s home, nursery and a clinic environment in order to ensure that the child is consistently supported in all settings.
I am an expert in the support and development of the foundation stones for language, learning, attention, listening, play and social communication.
Where we work
We are based in South Yorkshire and support children from the South Yorkshire and Nottinghamshire areas, whether at your home, nursery, school or at our clinic.
We support children with:
- Difficulties in the foundation stages for language learning: attention and listening, play and social interaction
- Language Delay (e.g. difficulties learning first words, joining words or forming sentences)
- Language Disorder
- Speech Sound Difficulties (e.g. difficulties with pronunciation)
- Developmental Verbal Dyspraxia
- Fluency difficulties such as a stammer or stutter
Selection of therapy approaches include:
- Parent Child Interaction Therapy
- Colourful Semantics
- Working with Bilingual Children and through interpreters
- The Nuffield Dyspraxia Program
- The Lidcombe Program for early stuttering
- Palin Parent-Child Interaction therapy for children under 7 who stammer
Ruth Milburn (née Tower) MSC, MRCSLT
I completed a Post Graduate Diploma in Speech and Language Therapy from City University London in 2009 and also completed an MSc project in Speech and Language Therapy (“The efficacy of using Colourful Semantics to support Pre-School children with expressive language difficulties“) in 2014.
I am a member of the Royal College of Speech and Language Therapists (RCSLT), The Association of Speech and Language Therapists in Independent Practice (ASLTIP) and a registered member of the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC).